Getting to Appellate Division
Arguments are heard at the Appellate Division, Second Department, by a panel of four judges. These arguments are open to the public and family and friends are welcome. Although clients who are currently incarcerated are unable to attend, clients who are not incarcerated are also welcome.
To access the website of the Appellate Division, Second Department, click on the following link: http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/ad2/
To see when a case is scheduled, click on “Calendar” on the far left.
To see recent decisions, click on “Decisions” on the far left.
Directions to the Appellate Division, Second Department
The Appellate Division, Second Department, is located at 45 Monroe Place, at the corner of Monroe Place and Pierrepont Street, in Brooklyn Heights. It can be reached by subway as follows:
- by taking the N or R Train from Brooklyn to Court Street and walking north on Clinton Street to Pierrepont and then west 2 blocks to Monroe Place.
- by taking the 4 or5 Train to Borough Hall and walking north on Court Street to Pierrepont Street, then west 2 blocks to Monroe Place
- by taking the A, C, or the F Train to Jay Street/Metrotech and walking west to Court Street, north to Pierrepont, and then west 2 blocks to Monroe Place.
- by taking the 2 or 3 train to Clark Street and walking one short block east to Monroe Place and then south one block.
- Bus Service includes the B37 (3rd Ave) and the B45 (St. John's Place), which stop at Court Street/Livingston Street. From there, walk north on Court Street to Pierrepont, then west 2 blocks.